These pictures were taken between 1931 and 1932, during the time the school was being built.
The school hall was designed with a Wedgwood scheme in blue on the walls. The panelling still remains.
The school playground was split into Infants and Juniors by a fence. The classroom doors opened straight outside.
The Reception classroom (now Miss Lambert’s class). The beds were used in the afternoons when the children had a nap! On the original plan it was called the “Babies Room”.